So. This year's flu season is the worst in a decade and hasn't peaked yet.
Here's the good news: elderberries are one of the most potent antivirals for fighting the flu, and they're delicious! In fact, in placebo-controlled double-blind studies, elderberry syrup led to a rapid recovery from influenza and inhibited replication of nine strains of the flu virus. Elderberries are also an excellent remedy for the common cold.
More good news: We still have a few bottles available!
As a daily tonic:
- adults take 2 tsp per day
- children over 1 year and up to 30 pounds take 1/2 tsp per day
- children over 1 year and up to 60 pounds take 1 tsp per day
As a remedy, when you start seeing signs of illness:
- adults take 2 tsp every 3-4 hours
- children over 1 year and up to 30 pounds take 1/2 tsp every 3-4 hours
- children over 1 year and up to 60 pounds take 1 tsp every 3-4 hours
The syrup is available in 8 oz or 16 oz sizes. To help you decide which size is right for you and your people — there are 48 tsp in 8 oz, and 96 tsp in 16 oz.
The syrup should be refrigerated once you receive it.
Ingredients: organic elderberries, water, Alameda County honey*, organic ginger, organic cinnamon, cloves
*This syrup contains honey and should not be consumed by infants under 12 months old.